Earlier this month, Capcom teased an all-new character named A.K.I. coming to Street Fighter 6 as a DLC fighter. Now, the company has revealed that A.K.I will hit the game later next month on September 27 alongside a twisted gameplay reveal trailer.
When A.K.I. joins the fight next month, she’ll be the 20th playable character in Street Fighter 6, following the first DLC fighter, Rashid, who hit the game in July. Like Rashid and all future DLC fighters, players will encounter A.K.I. across all three modes of Street Fighter 6: World Tour, Fighting Ground, and the Battle Hub.
Check out the A.K.I. gameplay trailer for yourself below for a taste of what to expect:
As you can see, A.K.I. has quite the poisonous moveset. Capcom says she draws much of this toxic personality and moveset from her master, F.A.N.G., first introduced in Street Fighter V. “In the single player World Tour mode, players can learn more about A.K.I.’s interest in the evil Shadaloo organization and help her find her herbal medicine in Tian Hong Yuan, a new location for players to meet their newest Master and apply her deadly moves to their custom avatar,” a press release reads.
Here’s a quick rundown of her moves:
- Serpent Lash: A.K.I. sends her nails flying forward like a chain from a distance, poisoning enemies on hit. If she strikes a poisoned opponent, a Toxic Blossom will trigger an explosion and open enemies up to follow-up attacks.
- Nightshade Pulse: A.K.I sends a bubble forward that poisons enemies on hits. She can then strike the bubble with her Nightshade Chaser move to pop the bubble in advance, increasing its area of effect.
- Orchid Spring: A.K.I. puts a puddle of poison before her, affecting enemies who step into it.
- Sinister Slide: A.K.I. slithers across the screen to avoid hits, giving her an easy method to follow up with moves like Venomous Fang, Heel Strike, and Entrapment.
- Claws of Ya Zi: A.K.I.’s Level 3 Super Art pierces pressure points on an enemy’s body and injects poison into them that detonates from inside.
A.K.I.’s Outfit 2 will be available to all owners of the Year 1 Character Pass, Street Fighter 6 Deluxe Edition, or Ultimate Edition on September 27. You can try her out for an hour with a Rental Fighter ticket obtained through the Fighting Pass. The “A.K.I. Arrives!” Fighting Pass goes live on September 1 at midnight PT for a limited time, allowing players to earn and unlock A.K.I.-themed items and cosmetics.
While waiting for A.K.I. to hit the game on September 27, read Game Informer’s Street Fighter 6 review.
Are you excited to fight with and against A.K.I. next month? Let us know in the comments below!