Updated story, 5/09/23:
Nintendo has released its latest round of financial results, this time for the end of Fiscal Year 2023 (which ended in March). While the Switch has surpassed 125 million units sold, both hardware and software sales for the platform are down.
Overall, hardware sales are down 22.1% while software sales are down 9%.
With recent releases like Pokemon Scarlet and Violet, Splatoon 3, and more, here’s Nintendo most up-to-date list of its best-selling Switch games:
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe: 53.79 million units
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons: 42.21 million units
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate: 31.09 million units
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild: 29.81 million units
- Pokemon Sword and Shield: 25.82 million units
- Super Mario Odyssey: 25.76 million units
- Pokemon Scarlet and Violet: 22.10 million units
- Super Mario Party: 19.14 million units
- New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe: 15.41 million units
- Ring Fit Adventure: 15.38 million units
The original story continues below…
Original story, 8/03/22:
Nintendo released its latest round of financial results, this time for Quarter 1 of the 2023 Fiscal Year, which accounts for April, May, and June of 2022. In it, the company revealed that the Switch surpassed 111 million units sold but, despite that, overall sales are down.
In terms of hardware, sales are down 22.9%, with Nintendo citing the ongoing semiconductor shortage as why. Software sales are down too, declining 8.6% this quarter. However, while 8.6% is a sizeable drop, Nintendo still moved 41.41 million units in Q1 FY23. It also revealed its top 10 best-selling Switch games, with many having seen increases since the last round of financial results earlier this year.
Here are the top 10 best-selling Nintendo Switch games as of June 2022:
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe: 46.82 million
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons: 39.38 million
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate: 28.82 million
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild: 27.14 million
- Pokemon Sword/Pokemon Shield: 24.50 million
- Super Mario Odyssey: 23.93 million
- Super Mario Party: 18.06 million
- Pokemon Brilliant Diamond/Pokemon Shining Pearl: 14.79 million
- Pokemon: Let’s Go, Pikachu!/Pokemon: Let’s Go, Eevee!: 14.66 million
- Ring Fit Adventure: 14.54 million
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe had the biggest jump in this list, selling 1.48 million units this quarter. According to Nintendo, new 2022 releases are also selling well. Nintendo Switch Sports sold 4.84 million units, Mario Strikers: Battle League sold 1.91 million, and Kirby and the Forgotten Land sold 1.88 million units, making it the second-best selling Kirby game of all-time.
For more, read about Nintendo’s latest financial results released earlier today and then check out this list of every NES, SNES, N64, and Sega Genesis game available on Nintendo Switch Online. After that, feast your eyes upon all the new Pokemon from Scarlet and Violet revealed in today’s Pokemon Presents showcase.
Are there any Switch games on this list you haven’t played yet? Let us know which ones and why!